***The court window is open, Monday- Friday from 8:00am to 5:00pm. You may come in to discuss your options and take care of your citations in person. You may also continue to utilize any of the online or over the phone options listed below***


Municipal Court

311 Burton Hill Road
Westworth Village, TX 76114   
Phone:  817-710-2507
Fax:  817-546-1727





Pay over the phone at 866-261-7592 

HOURS OF OPERATION:  Monday- Friday, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM (closed during lunch).

Court  Clerk:

Court Forms: Notice of Appearance and Request for a Hearing

Court date:

You must appear within 20 days from the date of the citation to request a court date.  A request received by mail is also acceptable. 

If you have been set for court and need to request a new court date, you may do so by visiting the court window, email, or regular mail. That request must be received no later than the Friday before your already scheduled hearing.

Juveniles:    A parent or guardian must appear for anyone 16 years old and under, to obtain a court date, within 20 days from receiving a citation.  A request received by mail is also acceptable.

Driving Safety Course:  

You must be cleared by the court before taking a course.

A request for a driver’s safety course must be received within 20 days from the date of receiving a citation.

Proof of a valid driver’s license and insurance with the defendant’s name on it must be provided to the Court.  Citation cannot be for speeding 25 mph over the speed limit; defendant cannot have taken a driver’s safety course in the last year; and defendant may not have a commercial driver’s license.

Fee is $144    School Zone Fee is $169

Deferred Disposition:  Must not have been on deferred for this court within the last twelve months. A defendant under 25 years of age must complete a driver's safety course. Defendant cannot have a commercial driver’s license. For further information, visit the court window or our online payment portal linked above.

Proof of Insurance: Must present proof of insurance within 20 days from the date of the citation. Must show coverage on the date and time of citation.  Defendant’s name must appear on policy.

Dismissal Fees: 
  1. Expired Drivers License
  1. Change address on drivers license
  1. Expired registration must pay state penalty (bring proof to the court)
  1. Failure to display driver’s license
  1. Violation restriction
  1.  Must have two license plates
  1. Obscured license plate
  1. Equipment violation corrected with proof (commercial vehicle not eligible)
Corrected equipment violations must be verified by a court officer.

Docket Schedule:


Court is held on the 3rd and 4th Tuesday of the month. You must make a request at the court window to be placed on the docket. A walk-in docket is available between 3:00 and 6:00 PM on the 3rd Tuesday of the month.


Help for 
Self-Represented Litigants:

The public has access to helpful tools for self-representation, as directed under Texas Senate Bill 1911, effective Sept. 1, 2017.

For a quick guide to traffic court, please read the Texas Bar Association's "Guide to Traffic Court".

DPS Surcharge 

If you have received a notice of a surcharge due to a conviction on your driving record, visit the Texas DPS Driver Responsibility Surcharge Program website or call 1-800-688-6882 to use the automated system 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, to obtain account information or make payments using a checking, savings, or money market account.


NOTICE: The Driver Responsibility Program has been repealed. Effective September 1, 2019, all DRP surcharge suspensions will end. To view FAQs about DRP surcharges, click HERE.




All procedures regarding the appeals process are set out in Chapter 30 of the Texas Government Code, City of Westworth Village Municipal Code of Ordinances Chapter 7 and the Texas Rules of Appellate Procedure.  The Westworth Village Municipal Court is a "court of record" and any appeal from this court must be based on identifiable legal or procedural errors found in the record.   The law outlines strict timelines that must be followed for an appeal.

If you have any questions regarding the appeal process, you have the right to hire an attorney.  City Municipal Court personnel cannot provide forms, instruction or legal advice.