- The City of Westworth Village is a quiet residential community, with a population of 3100 residents, approximately two square miles in area, on the west side of the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex, in North Central Texas.
- Located on the banks of the Trinity River, five miles west of downtown Fort Worth, the City is surrounded by long-developed communities amid natural vegetation and landscape features that complement the pleasant appearance.
- Following the transition of Carswell Air Force Base to the Naval Air Station Joint Reserve Base Fort Worth in 1998, the City embarked on an ambitious program to transform 400 acres of federal government property and 500 abandoned houses into a high quality, multi-use urban development.
- Over the last several years, the City has added two high-end residential developments, with at least two more expected in the near future.
- This bedroom community enjoys an exceptionally low crime rate and one of the lowest ad valorem tax rates in Tarrant County.
- The City’s municipal golf course, Hawks Creek Golf Club, has been renovated and a new driving range as well as a new putting and chipping practice facility have been added. A Club membership program, professional lessons, and an online tee-time reservation system have improved the entire “golf experience”.
- Westworth Village remains one of the most fiscally sound incorporated cities in the Metroplex.
- Commercial development includes large power center retailers, as well as smaller boutique shops offering a wide range of specialty merchandise and services.
- Capitalizing on its proximity to downtown Fort Worth, shoppers may experience one of the most convenient and diversified retail mixes in the Fort Worth area. Contemporary restaurant facilities complement the shopping experience.
- Under the Capital Improvements Plan, City officials embarked on a multi-year program to replace aging streets and water and sewer lines. Through careful planning this project as well as improving our storm drainage systems are expected to continue.
- The City's modern municipal complex was built in 2008 and includes city offices, the police department, and a community room to serve its residents.
- In 2014, the City was awarded a Federal Transportation Authority Grant (TAP) to improve our Parks and Trails Plan. The City worked with the Trinity River Vision Authority (TRVA) to expand the trail system and improve recreation areas throughout the community. The final payment on this project occured in early 2023.
- In 2020 the city completed a comprehensive drainage study, identifying areas that where our storm drain system will need improvment. Plans are being made to start those improvements beginning in 2029.
- In 2022 the city opened Melva Campbell Park, the first playground in the empty lot by the Police Deparment. It includes play equipment for all ages, as well as multiple pavilions, trees, benches, exercise equipment and a lighted walking path.
- The City stands committed to its comprehensive development program, designed to improve the quality of life for the entire community while ensuring a sound financial base for many years to come.
Coming soon - Thompson Public Cemetary, (Historic Texas Cemetary TR-C086)