311 Burton Hill Road Westworth Village, Texas 76114
Hours of operation: Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Permit Technician: 817-710-2506
The city has adopted the 2018 IBC, IECC, IMC, IFC, IRC, IPC, NFPA, NCTCOG Regional Codes, 2017 NEC, and Texas Accessibility Standards. You can find all the city ordinances here.
Attention New Residential Home Construction: On February 14, 2017, the City Council of the City of Westworth Village, Texas voted to construct (concrete pavement) of certain unimproved alleyways that serve properties within the City and Owner agrees to pay the City for its proportionate share of the cost to construct the alleyway upon application and issuance of an affected lot's building permit. Owner’s proportionate share shall be calculated by dividing the total cost of the alleyway construction by the total number of affected lots to achieve an average cost per lot. The amount charged prior to completion and actual determination of the construction costs will not exceed $5,000 per lot. (Contact City Permit Clerk for affected lots.)
- All contractors must be registered with the City prior to engaging in any construction project.
- Complete FORM A of the building packet
Submit it with required supporting documents (identification and proof of insurance) and pay associated registration fee:
- Online using the "Permit Payments" button above
- In person at the Permits Office, 311 Burton Hill Road Westworth Village, TX
- Via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax: 817-710-2501
Upon completion, you will be granted access to the online building permit system to:
- Purchase an electrical, plumbing, or mechanical permit with a MasterCard, VISA, or Discovery credit card.
- Search for information on a specific permit.
- View/schedule inspections for a permit.
TO SCHEDULE A BUILDING INSPECTION:
- Request an inspection via email to: email@example.com
- Request an inspection via phone: 817-710-2506
Payment, if required, must be paid in full either in person or via our online site: (Note: You must be registered with the permits department before you can use the online payment center.) www.municipalonlinepayments.com/westworthvillagetx
PERMIT REVIEW PROCESS:
- The general contractor must be registered PRIOR to review.
- Permit and plan review fees must be paid PRIOR to review.
- Permits take up to 10 business days to process prior to review.
- Plans will be sent to review the following Friday after processing.
- Residential plan review: 3 to 5 weeks.
- Commercial plan review: 4 to 6 weeks.
Building Packet Applications* (forms are provided in a packet, however, they can be duplicated or submitted independently):
The TPDES Construction General Permit regulates construction activities that disturb one or more acres of land. Less than one acre also is included if the activity is part of a larger common plan of development or sale that will meet or exceed the one acre threshold. Click HERE for more information.
NASJRB Noise Contours:
If your are building in an identified noise contour you must supply supporting documents demonstrating how you will achieve an interior sound level of no greater than 45 dB. For residential construction, you can refer to the HUD Sound Transmission Class Guidance supplement from the Office of Community Planning and Development. In most cases this can be achieved by following the most current energy codes. A map of the noise contours can be found on the resources page.
Zoning Packet Applications (forms are provided in a packet, however they can be duplicated or submitted independently):